More on how HEADCHECK PRO helps you with…
Concussion assessment is a necessary component for any sports organization to keep athletes safe. HEADCHECK offers digital concussion assessments. Modernize concussion assessments with HEADCHECK PRO. This unrivaled platform provides invaluable tools to:
- Medical personnel
- Coaching staff
It is critical for all involved to access relevant information in a timely manner in order to make the best collaborative decisions regarding both the athlete and the team.
You know the concussion protocol requirements for your team, league, or sport. And you understand your expertise as a medical professional or your access to medical expertise. Based on your requirements and expertise, you may choose to perform baseline assessments. Doing a digital baseline assessment early in the season can provide crucial data down the line. Baseline testing evaluates the athlete’s pre-injury brain functions, including an athlete’s:
- Concentration / Attention
- Speed of problem solving
With HEADCHECK PRO in the palm of your hand, you have a powerful digital tool with the ability to:
- Immediately access an athlete’s pre-injury baseline assessment and medical history
- Quickly compare pre- and post-injury assessment data
- Gain valuable insights from the data collected
When an athlete sustains a head injury, it’s critical to perform a concussion assessment as quickly as possible, both on the sideline and in a quiet setting. This allows you to accurately evaluate a suspected concussion and can assist in determining if the athlete should seek additional medical care or is safe to return to play.
Post-Injury Assessment incorporates:
- Red flag assessment, including neck pain, vomiting, double vision
- Observable signs, such as loss of consciousness, gait difficulties, facial injuries
- Memory assessment
- Glasgow Coma Scale evaluation
- Cervical spine assessment
- Symptom evaluation
- Cognitive screening
- Neurological screening
- Balance examination
Concussion Return to Play Protocol
When off-field personnel can collaborate on an athlete’s progress, the team’s return-to-play protocol can be easily followed and understood by everyone involved. Harness the power of teamwork behind the scenes to enact a return-to-play protocol following a suspected concussion.
Using HEADCHECK PRO’s centralized concussion return-to-play protocol module means:
- Assessments are accessible to medical personnel
- Medical personnel can ease collaborative efforts within the platform
- Medical staff have the ability to communicate seamlessly
This empowers the right decisions to be made. Allow the athlete to heal, reduce the risk of reinjury, and have players return confidently, all while keeping the coaching staff and front office well-informed. HEADCHECK PRO’s centralized concussion return-to-play protocol module allows team medical personnel to make necessary adjustments and decisions for the benefit of the athlete.