Free Online Concussion Training
Staying up-to-date on concussion learning is vital for everyone involved in sport—it’s our job to make sure we’re best-equipped to keep athletes safe. If you’re looking to expand your concussion knowledge, we’ve compiled some of the best free resources around.
CDC HEADS UP
As part of their HEADS UP program, the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) have assembled a variety of materials for both healthcare providers and coaches.
- Youth Sports Coaches: Learn how sports-related concussions affect athletes, including how to recognize and manage suspected concussions, as well as steps to help players return to play safely. Learn more
- Healthcare Providers: The latest evidence-based strategies on mTBI diagnosis, management, and treatment. Learn more
NFHS Concussion in Sports
The NFHS (National Federation of State High School Associations) offers comprehensive free training on both concussion recognition and management. The course is offered in both English and Spanish and includes each state’s concussion management requirements.
- Coaches, officials, parents, and students: Learn the impact of sports-related concussions, including how to recognize suspected concussions, protocols to manage a suspected concussion, and steps to help players return to play safely. Learn more
Concussion Awareness Training Tool (CATT)
CATT has developed several free resources to help standardize concussion recognition, diagnosis, treatment, and management. Materials are available for a variety of roles, including
University of Calgary & Université Laval Online Concussion Course
Take a free, non-credit online course on concussion with UCalgary and Université Laval. This seven-week course covers concussion prevention, management, and protocol implementation for healthcare professionals, coaches, teachers, parents, administrators, and leaders. Learn more
Other Useful Resources
Continue Your Concussion Education
Looking for more information? Check out our Concussion Education post or contact us below.
Bring HeadCheck to Your Child’s Team
Sports provide benefits that last a lifetime, helping to improve a child’s health, confidence, team-building, social, and problem-solving skills. When your child is involved in sports, their safety is your number one priority.
Make HeadCheck part of a safe and healthy sports environment for your children.
- KMHA More Easily Manages Player Health and Safety with HEADCHECK - August 17, 2023
- How to Successfully Run a Medical Testing Day - August 1, 2023
- BCHL and HEADCHECK Health Extend Partnership to Enhanced Concussion Care Services - July 17, 2023