We work diligently to ensure all our clients meet strict government health privacy standards.
What is Health Data Privacy?
In health and care settings, there are rules and regulations for gathering personal information that requires compliance with a certain level of standard such as HIPAA and PIPEDA.
Why is it important?
Health data privacy is important to be able to identify these different types of information so that they can be appropriately protected when they are used and shared and ward off any dissemination of this personal information to the general public.
What is Personal Information?
Information about an identifiable individual that is recorded in any form is considered personal information.
Examples of personal information:
- Home address,
- Phone number
- Age, date of birth, gender
- Health care/medical information
What is HIPAA?
HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) is the US federal law created to provide privacy standards for protecting patients’ health information provided to health plans, doctors, etc.
What is PIPEDA?
PIPEDA (Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act) is the Canadian federal privacy law for private-sector companies that collect and use personal information for appropriate matters that recognizes the right of privacy of individuals
- Medical Professionals Maintain Government Standards: We take the protection of your patient data as seriously as you do and will help gather and maintain it with these policies in mind.
- Organization Leaders Ensure Best Practices: These laws ensure that your league is meeting best practices by meeting government health privacy standards.
- Parents Protect their Child’s Data: By meeting these government health privacy standards, along with additional standards specifically designed for the protection of minors, you can be confident that your child’s personal information is being correctly gathered and used for the right reasons.
Interested in protecting yourself and your data? Contact us and let’s discuss.